List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Linking to a GPLv3 library from a LGPLv2 library
From:       Alex Merry <alex.merry () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-03-02 16:06:54

On 02/03/14 13:47, Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply. We do have "version 2.1 of the License, or (at
> your option) any later version" in our license which should mean "v2 or
> later". So, in this case is it possible to link to QxOrm?

Yes, providing everything in the application is compatible with the
GPLv3, and all the libraries you use can be linked to a GPLv3
application (LGPLv2 - such at Qt - is fine there, but GPLv2 is not), it
should be fine.

It might be worth making a note somewhere in your README or LICENSE file
that the QxOrm dependency means that a compiled version of the
application can be used and distributed according to the terms of the
GPLv3, but not the GPLv2 (mostly for the benefit of distribution packagers).

Alex