List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Possible S3TC patent issue in kdelibs
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jr () jriddell ! org>
Date:       2013-07-18 14:18:39

Until there's a shown active threat in regard to a specific software
patent there's no point worrying about it, else we'd worry about every
piece of code.

There's no point worrying about it anyway, KDE generally only ships
source code which isn't affected by patents and patents only apply in
a limited number of countries (in software typically just the US), no
reason why the rest of the world should be limited by them.  At most
we should send a note to our downstreams.

Jonathan