List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    EPL 1.0 files as input data for Unit Tests
From:       Andreas Cord-Landwehr <phoenixx () uni-paderborn ! de>
Date:       2012-08-26 6:37:21

Dear all,

I want to use Graphvis example files as input data for automatic unit tests
for a KDE program. Due to different licenses and the KDE license policy I am
not sure if this is possible in the way I am currently planning and I want to
ask for some expert knowledge on that matter :)

My Plan: I want to import example graph files [3] from the Graphvis project
(licensed under EPL 1.0) into the Rocs source directory. Rocs is in the KDE
Edu module and hence follows the KDE license policy [2].

The test files shall only be used as input data for the automatic unit tests.
They are not going to be installed. Explicitely, they are not part of the
compiled binaries nor the binaries are linked to them.

My question is, if it is possible to include them in the source tree?
And if yes, is it enough to put a specific EPL 1.0 license file in the
directory with them? Or is more needed?

Greetings,

   Andreas

[1] http://www.graphviz.org/License.php
[2] http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy
[3] http://www.graphviz.org/Download_source.php: *.gv Files in the source tar
in folder /graphviz-2.28.0/graphs/ and below