List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Oxygen font licensing
From:       Arne Babenhauserheide <arne_bab () web ! de>
Date:       2012-01-26 21:53:51

At Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:24:35 -0500,
Richard Stallman wrote:

> We don't recommend the use of the GPL for texts for humans to read.

You mean, like nicely written sourcecode? If you did not mean that, you an be sure \
that you will be misunderstood.

I am sure that you already heared all the arguments for and against, so I will just \
leave it at that and tell you that this stance of yours creates more problems for \
free culture writers who are also programmers than any possible shortcomings in the \
GPL3.

In the recent discussions about possble cc by-sa to GPL compatibility, this was cited \
as reason for not adding that more often than anything else.

Best wishes,
Arne