List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: (A)GPL 3
From:       Sune Vuorela <nospam () vuorela ! dk>
Date:       2011-08-12 11:39:30

On 2011-08-11, Jonathan Schmidt-Dominé <devel@the-user.org> wrote:
> service integration, modularisation). I have already heard about the
> Poppler-issue, but is there any specific reason why they are not
> allowing GPL 3?

The copyright holders have decided so.

And it is going to be great to add AGPL software to interact with a imap
server. Then you have to use the same method as 'notification' about the
AGPL as you use to tell the user he is over quota. At each mail request
\o/

Please, pretty please, keep the agpl out of anything that is not
*strictly* for webservices, and preferably  also out of webservices.

I'd rather be hit by 'tivoization' than not being able to use KDE code
in a application.

/Sune