List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    (A)GPL 3
From:       Jonathan =?UTF-8?B?U2NobWlkdC1Eb21pbsOp?= <devel () the-user ! org>
Date:       2011-08-07 15:33:49

Hi!

Today we seem to live in a cloudy world, thus there are new risks
regarding licensing which could make traditional copyleft totally
useless, that for there is the AGPL, couldn't it be officially allowed
in the licensing policies? When we want to have copyleft, we should be
able to protect the software using such a license, too. It is already
used inofficially by ownCloud, where the risk is obvious. It is
possible to use GPL code in AGPL programs. Btw. (L)GPLv3 could be
allowed, too, e.g. protecting against tivoisation. Nowadays KDE
libraries get modularised and it gets ported to mobile platforms, thus
it may become feasible to use KDE-code on tivoisated platforms in
future, which can be addressed by those licenses.

Regards
Jonathan

--
http://the-user.org/