List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Messages.sh and license checker
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-02-07 10:19:22

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 9:30 PM, David Faure <faure@kde.org> wrote:
>> A  +3    -0    konq-plugins/shellcmdplugin/Messages.sh         [License:
> UNKNOWN]  *
>>
>> The files marked with a * at the end have a non valid license. Please read:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy and use the headers which
> are listed at that page.
>
> Do we really need a license in all these trivial Messages.sh files?

I don't think we do, this may be a git hook regression, although I
don't see how, as the code is the Python equivalent of the Perl code.

Was the following line originally meant to indicate 128 lines vs. 128
characters? (Perl code extracted from svn hooks follows)
   if ( !$license && length($text) < 128 ) {

I can alter the new Python hooks to check for number of lines instead
of characters easily enough (I think....)