List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Skrooge requires libqca2-plugin-ossl for saving files
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-11-14 21:04:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Guillaume,

On Sunday 14 November 2010, Guillaume DE BURE wrote:
> Hmm, after reading the GPL, I'm not sure where I should put the
> exception. I know it has to be in the COPYING file, but where in
> that file ? Any recommendation for this ?

Follow Jason's advice on debian-legal:

But I'm not sure you need to do anything for Skrooge unless Skrooge
links directly to libqca2-plugin-ossl. Maybe the problem is not Skrooge
but libqca2-plugin-ossl, i.e. maybe libqca2-plugin-ossl needs the
exemption.

I think you should ask for advice on the debian-legal mailing list. They
should know much better than us what you need to do to get Skrooge
accepted by Debian.

Regards,
Ingo