List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Skrooge requires libqca2-plugin-ossl for saving files
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-11-13 13:39:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 12 November 2010, Guillaume DE BURE wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Some friendly guy from Ubuntu tells me I have a licensing issue :
> Skrooge (licensed under the GPL) being linked to QCA OSSL seems to
> require specific notes in the licence.
>
> Any advice on that ?

There is way too little context information so I have to guess. Also
IANAL.

Does QCA OSSL use OpenSSL? If yes, then you might have to state
explicitly for Skrooge: "This program is released under the GPL with the
additional exemption that compiling, linking, and/or using OpenSSL is
allowed." or the longer exemption mentioned on
http://people.gnome.org/~markmc/openssl-and-the-gpl.html

I'd go with the latter since it appears to come directly from debian-
legal.

Regards,
Ingo