List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jr () jriddell ! org>
Date:       2009-11-02 22:18:22

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 10:33:08PM +0100, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0 seems to be DFSG compliant, would
> it be possible to add it as valid license for images in
> http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy?
>
> Lots of wikimedia common images are under this license and people keep sending
> them to me to be added to kgeography and i keep saying them we can't accept
> them, but i don't really see why we shouldn't.

The two problems are distro acceptance and multiple licences making
mixing impossible.  If Debian is fine with it and no other distro has
issues that could well be fine.  Then we'd need a form of works to
ensure it was only used on material which was unlikely to have any
need to be mixed with other material, e.g. standalone images which are
not icons (and certainly not code).

Jonathan