List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Add Trolltech GPL licence text
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-01-23 20:21:52

Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 January 2008, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>> Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
>>> Why do you want a special clause for code copied from Qt?
>> Because it would not otherwise be allowed.
>
> Yes, but why would you allow code to be added which isn't allowed by our
> license policy?

Looking at the originally-referenced wiki page, the relevant addition
seems to be that, in addition to allowing "GPL version 2 or version 3 or
later versions approved by the membership of KDE e.V", we will now also
allow "GPL version 2 or version 3 or later versions approved by
Trolltech ASA and the KDE Free Qt Foundation". (What about code that
contains a mix of those sources? I suppose approval of a later license
by both "the membership of KDE e.V" and "Trolltech ASA and the KDE Free
Qt Foundation" is required?)

Of course, now that Qt is GPLv3, why do we still *require* GPLv2? ;-)

--
Matthew
Current geek index: 62%