List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Relicensing issue with some kdegraphics/gwenview/lib/ files
From:       AuréŽlien Gâ‰teau <aurelien.gateau () free ! fr>
Date:       2007-11-26 11:20:43

Hello,

I had a look at my list of files with license troubles, thanks to Tom
Albers webapp. There is a problem with three files from libjpeg I copied
to kdegraphics/gwenview/lib. They are:

jinclude.h
transupp.h
transupp.c

I am not really fluent in legalize, so I could use some help from you.
 From my understanding of README.jpeg (the libjpeg README included in the
source), it's a quite liberal license, but it requires including some
statement in the documentation of any binary release. The sentence I am
referring to is:

"""
(2) If only executable code is distributed, then the accompanying
documentation must state that "this software is based in part on the
work of the Independent JPEG Group".
"""

Does this conflict with GPL?
What should I do?