List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Relicensing KioFuse from GPLv2+ to LGPLv2+
From:       Kevin Ottens <ervin () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-30 16:59:08

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le dimanche 30 septembre 2007, Vlad a écrit :
> I'm working to port KioFuse to KDE4 with the hope that it will be
> incorporated into kdelibs. According to the KDE licensing policy
> (http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy), code residing in
> kdelibs must be licensed as LGPL or a more permissive license. You
> (Alexander Neundorf and Kévin 'ervin' Ottens) hold copyright on the
> following files in KioFuse:
> [...]
> Thank you very much for your consideration,

Well, I'm not against a relicensing from GPLv2+ to LGPLv2+ per say. That said,
wanting to have KioFuse in kdelibs looks clearly misguided from a technical
perspective... It's definitely not a library, and it really has nothing to do
in kdelibs (apps don't have to use KioFuse, and shouldn't use it).

In short, I'm wondering what you're trying to achieve here.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."