List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: FW: Qicstable open source question
From:       Allen Winter <winterz () verizon ! net>
Date:       2004-07-07 18:08:20

Mark,

I'm forwarding this discussion to the KDE license experts.  (Please CC Mark and I on responses).

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 01:51 pm, you wrote:
> Allen,
>
> Thanks for the pointer. I read the page, but I'm a little confused here.
> Isn't Qt normally distributed under the GPL or QPL? Is that just a special
> case?

If QicsTable source was integrated, it would have to go into kdelibs, and
the licensing requirement on kdelibs is LGPL, BSD, or X11.  With regards to
the fact that Qt isn't licensed that way... we'll have to ask the experts.