List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Comercial applications and GPLed KDE
From:       Andreas Pietzowski <andreas () pietzowski ! de>
Date:       2001-09-17 8:32:10

Hi there,

I want to prodce commercial applications for KDE. Is it allowed to include
the KDE-header-files (witch seem to be GPLed) and produce a NOT GPLed
application?

I want to use the session-management-feature from KDE and the
config-file-system witch is part of the normal KDE-Libs.

But these things are all GPL (or perhaps LGPL?). How is it possible to
create commercial (closed source, or Opensource but not GPL) software for
native KDE? I guess there must be a way to do so because otherwise KDE
will never have success in the commercial world :-)

Thanks
Pietz

--
MS-Windows: n.
  32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an