List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: source code
From:       "Darius GMX" <dstachow () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-07-29 15:52:21

Hi Rodney,

yes, kuml can do this. kUML 0.5.1 is't fully functional and can't load/save models but it can be used a \
UML based sourcecode browser. It can import existing c++ and java sourcecode and create UML class \
diagrams that can be printed.

The sources for 0.5.1 are compilable at least with Debian and SuSE Linux. I switched now to Mandrake \
linux and I have found out that the build stops because of mysterious compiler errors.  I have a compiled \
version for SuSE Linux that I can't execute with my current linux system configuration (Mandrake linux). \
I may send it to you so you could try if you it works with your distribution.

But the best solution would be to build your own executable. Some linux distributions don't set the \
environment variables KDEDIR and QTDIR correctly. QTDIR points to the root of your qt installation and \
KDEDIR is the same for KDE. You may check this for your system. If QTDIR and KDEDIR are set properly your \
chances are good to be able to build the sources. You also need some third party libraries like flex, \
xml. If the configure scripts runs without errors you should have installed all needed libs.

We're working on a new version of kuml that isn't compatible with kuml 0.5.1. Take a look at \
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kuml and go to the cvs  section. There you may download the sources for \
kuml. We now use the sourceforge cvs server instead of cvs.kde.org. kuml 0.5.1 is in module "kuml_old" \
and "kuml" contains the current sources. The new version isn't usable and easy to compile at the moment.

I'm actually not at home and therefore I don't have access to my system and my files but I'm back by \
wednesday. Then I could send you the file if you like. Drop me a mail if you like to try it.

PS: Ich habe zu spät an Deiner email Adresse gesehen, das Du wahrscheinlich auch Deutsch verstehst. Ich \
hätte die mail dann in Deutsch geschrieben.

Tschüss,
Darius

Darius Stachow, Germany/Hamburg