List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: Tasks to be done
From:       Gerard Flynn <gerard.flynn () free ! fr>
Date:       2001-03-21 19:57:59

Thomas Förster wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> now that I have access to the task manager at Sourceforge (I think so, since I
> can view the admin pages of the task manager), I've brought rudimentary
> content to it. It could have been more, but I've experienced a lot access
> errors. I suppose you would also lose patience if you entered the same text
> the sixth or seventh time. Three cheers for HTML Forms ;-)
>
> If the access errors indicate that I've no "legal" access to the pages, I'm
> sorry. Can someone of the admins answer this? But I've got the errors on
> public viewable pages too, so this might have been a sourceforge problem.
>
> As a lot tasks are missing, you're welcome to mail me the missing ones.
> Also suggestions on the existing few ones are welcome. Please begin the subject
> with [KUML] so I can filter it. My address is
> foerster@itb.biologie.hu-berlin.de
>
> Thomas

   As far as I can tell you have full permissions for the Task Manager.

   My only comment for the moment is that I don't think defining the API is
much of an issue because we're using the IDL defined by the UML spec
(well there is the question of how to store presentation data).

   In fact if I'm not mistaken the code Chris has uploaded already
implements much of that API.  So it seems to me that's what's needed is
for somebody to start writing a prototype client that uses the
repository at least for storing model data.  This will hopefully lead to
a better understanding of how the client and library interact and what
is needed for the presentation data.

   I would think that the fastest approach would be to reuse code or at
least architecture from some existing GPLed diagram editor (for example
dia (but its in C/GTK) or kivio).

   Gerard