List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: Where is everybody???
From:       Chris Moore <zmower () btinternet ! com>
Date:       2000-11-20 23:38:01

OK, progress report on the UML lib side.  I've implemented a version of
associations.  It doesn't quite work/isn't complete.  I initially
thought that there were methods missing from ModelElement needed to
implement the AStereotypeExtendedElement and AModelElementTaggedValue
associations.  So I wrote to the OMG extending an issue bug report.  A
nice man from Unisys wrote back (gulp).  I think I have to implement
Reflective::RefAssociation.

I've installed GraphViz v1.7a after much hassle.  I've played with the
Tcl interface, building a couple of graphs from the command line.  It's
so cool to get a graph layed out automatically and it looks like it was
designed with software development diagrams in mind. I'm complemplating
a simple class diagram browser using a GraphViz/Combat/MICO/Tk
combination.  Yes, that is 4 dependancies but it should get me from 0 to
60 in 2 seconds.

I've also been installing the xerces-c XML parser.  I like it cos it
does validation.  I'm not fixed on this parser yet; I'm just reading up
atm.  I prefer the SAX interface.  DOM is too memory expensive ontop of
the CORBA requirements.  I seem to remember that DOM is not overly
suited to interactive applications anyway (vaguely remembering some SVG
graphics tool page).

Chris Moore

--
Sig pending!