List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Roadmap Proposal
From:       Thomas Förster <t.foerster () itb ! biologie ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2000-10-25 11:08:48

Of couse this is my opinion:

I'm starting with v0.6, we seem to have agreed on.

v0.6.0
a lib for the internal representation of UML models

v0.6.1
lib: XMI Loading/Saving Support
GUI: Tabular Editing of Model

v0.6.2
lib: Diagram support, support for presentation element data, support for
information sharing between diagrams
GUI: Use Case Diagram support (wo Use Case Descriptions)

v0.7
lib: XMI Extensions -> support for use case descriptions
GUI: support for editing use case descriptions, printing, information hiding

(to me it seems v0.7 will then be a functional Use Case Modeller)

| Integration of class & collaboration diagrams

v0.8 old kuml without source import/export (???)

| Integration of Sequence Diagrams, Stereotype support in GUI

v0.9

| Functional integration of implemented diagram types --> autogeneration of
detail diagrams (collaboration --> sequence)
| Saving of diagrams in a few graphics formats, say png,ps,svg

v1.0 A functionality like Dia (??? more I think) but with information
sharing/hiding
========

v2.0 Code import/export, more diagram types

v3.0 Documentation of models, version control

v4.0.... Autolayout and all the other fancy stuff

As I said it is a proposal. Maybe people with more experience can cut this
down to iterations, which shouldn't be longer than 4 weeks I think, to make it
easier to get a time schedule which is reliable.

Thomas