List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    RE: Persistance priorities, XMI proof of concept
From:       "Baak, E.J.M." <baak () ecn ! nl>
Date:       2000-10-20 13:02:25

Hi guys,

I really doubt if it's of any use to save the graphical representation of a
model.
Do we expect another tool to use that, or turning it around, if we receive a
model
from another tool are we going to use their graphic representations of model

elements in our display?? I don't think so. If i'm used to using kUML i am
used to
the icons used in it. If i load a model from another tool and it suddenly
looks different
i (as a user) have difficulty to interpret that. So the issue is that you
tell another
tool that you have a model with a class X and a class Y and you have put
them
together into a diagram named Z. It's nice if you can tell the other tool on
what position
it has to display that elements but that's as far we should go (i think).

Ed.