List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Some Definitions
From:       Thomas Förster <t.foerster () biologie ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2000-10-16 7:29:28

I've overthought some aspects of diagram creation (at use case level,
of course ;-) )

I found/developed the following "definitions" :

Diagram - A model element which is a container of PresentationElements. A
diagram has a name, a type  and a parent ->Diagrammable Element

Diagrammable Element (DE) - A model element for which certain diagrams can be
drawn. The type of valid diagrams is depending on the element. Preliminary list
see below.

PresentationElement (PE) - A view to a model element. It stores all information
connected with the display of the element, like position in the parent diagram.
There exist three types of PE:

independent PE - A PE which position in a diagram is independent from that of
other PE, e. g. classes, packages...

dependent PE - A PE which position is determined by the parent PE, e.g.
attributes, methods

connecting PE - A PE which connects at least 2 other PE, e.g. Relationships

DE			Possible Diagram types(without "diagram")
Model			class, component, deployment, usecase
Package		class, usecase, component
Class			object, usecase(Responsibilities)
Method			sequence, collaboration
UseCase		collaboration, sequence, component

I'm sure there is lot of discussion about this, but that's the intent of a
proposal.

Bye Thomas

P.S. As semester starts today, I'll hope to save some time for kUML