List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: Started on user dialogs draft
From:       Gerard Flynn <gerard.flynn () free ! fr>
Date:       2000-09-30 23:16:02

Chris Moore wrote:

> > >    Since we are in a phase of architectural discussion it seems to me that
> > > it
> >  would be a good idea to set up something on Sourceforge where each
> > > developer would have a separate space for uploading proposals/ideas either
> > > as textual docs or as Argo models.  All these proposals would then be
> > > available for general revue with an aim toward consensus on some project
> > > archiutecture documents which would be put in some more official place.
>
> Excellent idea.  I have an alternative Presntation model and I was
> wondering
> where to put it.
>
> > > What I don't know is what the best way to do this is.  I guess we could use
> > > either ftp, the Sourceforge web server or cvs (say by creating a special
> > > module for this purpose) ?
>
> CVS is not visible enough.  Should go on the website.  If a new
> developer
> drops by the website everything should be there for him/her so that they
> can
> pick things up and run with them.

    It seems to me that the primary links from the website should point at
documents that have been more or less agreed upon by the project.  We don't want
to confuse new-comers with different, possibly conflicting documents.

    I just created the directory people (with group write permissions) in the ftp
directory (/home/groups/ftp/pub/kuml).  I then created a directory named gerard
therein in which I put my initial Presentation proposal.

    Gerard