List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: Question about FreeCASE
From:       Chris Moore <zmower () btinternet ! com>
Date:       2000-09-30 18:44:28

Gerard Flynn wrote:

<snip>

>     By the way I was wondering what exactly you had in mind when you
> suggested using FreeCASE as a base for kuml.  Personally the idea makes
> a lot of sense to me in terms of architecture but how would you see the
> 2 projects interacting ?  What is the status of FreeCASE in terms say of
> number of developers and/or rate of progress.

One developer (me) hence ultra slow progress.
There was enthusiasm on the list once but we set unacheivable goals.
I set out on my own to produce a repository since this
was a well defined part.  Others on the list seemed to be code-shy.

> Would you see the kuml
> project as depending on the FreeCASE project to fiurnish its UML
> component library or would you see kuml simply integrating the FreeCASE
> code ?

I'd move the code over to kuml like a shot if you want it.
FreeCASE is dying on it's legs.

<snip>

Chris Moore

--