List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Documentation
From:       Paul K Egell-Johnsen <pkej () ez ! no>
Date:       2000-09-30 13:38:57

Hi all.
I've been anxiously avaiting a useable version of KUML. Since that won't
happen for a long time, I thought I might try to give you my input for the
new redesigned version.

The only problem with that is the lack of documentation. What is planned for
the implementation? Which requirements do you have? Has any design been done?

I've looked over the KUML homepage, but I couldn't find anything.

A couple of things I would like to see is:

- importing code and generating diagrams from it (without to much difficulty,
try out Rational Rose (at least 4.1 which I tested years ago) to see how it
shouldn't be done.
- full development cycle support, ie. let me start with a blank project where
I can add requirements. Let me be able to reference requirements later in my
analysis and design, to the implementation stage.
- Take a look at ArgoUML for lots of lots of good stuff (except that ArgoUML
is in Java (too slow) I would have loved it very much)
http://argouml.tigris.org/
- Code generation should support language plug-ins.
- Pattern recognition...
- Pattern tool, to create a pattern to work from

Well, there are lots more. But I wan't this e-mail to be short and make sure
that it is read:)
--
Paul K Egell-Johnsen
The truth is out there - encrypted