List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Tigris, ArgoUML, and miscellany
From:       "Riehl, Jonathan (Jonathan)" <jriehl () lucent ! com>
Date:       2000-09-27 20:59:35

Howdy!
	The funny thing about Jason's offer for hosting at Tigris is I
was wondering why ArgoUML didn't take advantage of Sourceforge!
(Besides the obvious employment connection :))  I agree that there is
a closer knit community there, but this situation may be resolved by
starting a foundry for software engineering and programming tools at
Sourceforge.  I know that the team behind ArgoUML seems pretty sharp,
and they should be able to offer advice on KUML's progress.
	As far as modeling tools go, ArgoUML seems keen.  I don't think
I am qualified to really vote on a tool though since I am more of a
piggybacker than a contributor.  Alas, I've never used Dia.  I'm more
prone to use Rose than anything else right now since I have use of it.
Maybe that is why Basil has only one member :).
	I haven't had a chance to look over the requirements, but I hope
that Ed has given some look to the requirements I posted a while ago
(again there's that URL: http://wildideas.org/basil/.)  I am kind of
curious how things are going to work out as I was unsure a redesign
was needed.  (Of course I haven't built KUML in a while...I can't
even get KDE2 to compile!)
-Jon