List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: what is happing
From:       Darius Stachow <dstachow () ngi ! de>
Date:       2000-08-10 13:00:26

Hi,

I am confident of we should be able to get a real usable version of kUML
within this year. Actually Geoff Glasson is working on the persistance layer,
Keith Isdale is taking care for the line label support and Mark Coletti is
writing a programmer documentation.
And I am trying to finish the other things that need to be done to get a
usable and stable application.

In the last 4 weeks I've worked on making kuml much more stable and other
things. I have replaced some old code by the introduced editor tools that are
more flexible than the old corresponding classes. The most editor features
like selecting items or moving them are implemented now as editor tools and
the code is removed from the view controller class DrawingArea. As this class
has become less complex many bugs has breaked up by this :-)
And there a lot of another things I've done.

Geoff Glasson has done the inital port to KDE2 and has he just posted that
the design of the IO framework has reached a state that allows to start the
implementation.

You can also take a look at the new homepage of kuml to get more information.
Unfortunately there are no actual KDE2 screenshots because my gimp do not
behave
 as wished when I try to edit the pics. I have to install a windows bitmap
 tool to finish the work on the screenshots.