List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    XML persistence
From:       Geoff Glasson <glastech () iinet ! net ! au>
Date:       2000-08-03 12:53:48

Hi folks,

For some time now I've been working towards a persistence layer that will
allow us to save models in XML format.  I have been primarily concerned with
the framework, and last night I was able to create a model with a couple of
diagrams, each with a couple of classes, save it, and then restore it.  I'm
not saving a great deal of information with the class, but that will be
expanded over the next few weeks.

There is still a lot of work to be done, but I've laid the foundation and can
now move ahead.  Now all that I've got to do is stop my day (and night) job
from interferring with my work on KUML ;)

It is my intention to concentrate on class diagrams first, followed by
interaction/sequence diagrams.

Geoff

PS: I'm going on holiday for a week starting this Saturday and wont be
answering e-mail.

--
Geoff Glasson
glastech@iinet.net.au