List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: XML persistence layer
From:       Darius Stachow <dstachow () ngi ! de>
Date:       2000-07-12 10:59:24

Hi,

To have several representations of a singe class on different class diagrams
is already possible in kuml. One way to do that is to create a class by going
to the project browser view and opening the contextuel menu of 'project'.
After creation of a class you can add it to a class diagram. When you add the
class to a diagram just a new view for the class will be created. All created
views will reference to the shared class object and changes on it will be made
available for all views in all diagrams.

Currently you have to use the context menu of the class to add it to a
diagram :-(
Drag'n'drop support would be fine :-)
Just dragging a class onto a diagram to create a new view is more
comfortable.

The conventional way using the create class icon in the toolbox (EditorTool)
will create a new class object _and_ a view for it.