List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: IO subsystem
From:       Frugal <frugal () lspace ! org>
Date:       2000-07-01 19:00:57

Darius Stachow wrote:

> I have been forced to change the way in which KUML models are stored as XML
> files.  As you may be aware, the XMI interchange format is used for
> exchanging UML models between software tools.  However I have discovered that
> XMI does not support the transfer of graphical information.

Have you seen the way that Unisys wrote the XMI exporter for Rational
Rose. It puts the graphical data in the extensions sections of the file.
As the information for Presentation objects (geometry, fonts etc) is
already in XMI there is very little Unisys sepcific stuff.

If that DTD can be used then we would be able to exchange XMI models
directly with Rose.

--
Frugal the curious          + "I would feel infinitely more comfortable
in