List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: [argouml-dev] [KUML] KUML IO.
From:       Toby Baier <Toby.Baier () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-06-26 22:09:27

Hi Jonathan, everyone!
Nice to get in contact with you KUML ones again! Just some comments on
the mail: ArgoUML (or rather the used GEF-Framework) will switch from
PGML to SVG as graphical storage files soon, a paid project for this is
underway. As for the mess of files (one for the model, one for each
diagram), we thought about just zipping them into one .zargo file, which
is jsut as easy to explore when you want to look at the files if you
want to, but no action in this direction has been done so far. The
reason is not having nsuml as metamodel-library, it was done this way
before as well.
Yes, if there is graphical information in XMI files, it is lost while
multiple (maybe zipped) files for our projects (you can just use your
saved projects as images for web sites or pdfs, cause there are SVG
viewers/converters for that!).

Besides, I'm very happy to see that KUML is going to use XMI as well
now, so we can have model interchange! Yeah! Hope you're using XMI1.0
for UML1.3 as well? :-P

--
         Tobias Baier - Brahmsallee 31 - 20144 Hamburg - Germany
          Tel: +49 40 4291 0502      -    Fax: +49 40 4291 0502