List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    RE: [KUML] Some notes about modeling (longish)
From:       Darius Stachow <dstachow () ngi ! de>
Date:       2000-05-03 14:58:59

Hi Jonathan,

we've had a large discussion in the past because of switching to the metamodel
used in ArgoUML (nsuml). I've met some developer of argo and they have shown me
some aspects of their used metamodel. But as the expense to get a c++
equivalent of the metamodel have seen to be too expensive and of missing
manpower we have left this idea for the time being.

And after a development time of more than a year I (and of course all other)
would like to see a version of kuml that can be used some time. A metamodel
change would significantly delay finishing a usable release and so
we still use our selfmade mm for kuml and abandomed this idea for the first.

Of course, having a complete UML 1.3 metamodel would be fantastic and if
you see a possibilty to get it we should continue this discussion.
I am personally very interested in having full support for UML 1.3 !

Marko Boger <boger@informatik.uni-hamburg.de> currently coordinates the further
development of ArgoUML and I've send him a mail because of a common OCL design.
I send him your far reaching modeling notes, too.

--

Darius Stachow