List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Lines
From:       Darius Stachow <dstachow () ngi ! de>
Date:       2000-04-03 17:25:17

On Sam, 01 Apr 2000, Pascal Georges wrote:
>Yes, the way lines are coded is over complex. And it is still not
>working.
>
>Maybe these 2 facts are related ?
>
>Kuml needs to be cleaned up, but things do not seem to progress the last
>weeks ...
Yes, that is right. My activity in the last weeks was very low.
But I will not stop working on kuml !
I'm just overloaded at the moment but my less time period is time limited. I
don't know myself exactly when I can come back to my previous range of invested
time for kuml. I guess I will stop my current job in a few weeks and so I'll
get some free time back for kuml :-)

I've again started to rewrite the label stuff. The LineDrawLabel class will be
obsolete and I've removed the layout algorithms from the line classes.
Now the layout algorithms are implemented as line 'visitor'.
There is one layouter class for every label position  containing
the algorithm for all line types. It is possible now to add new label
positions without modifying existing code. You just have to write a new label
layouter class.

Every DrawingLabel object will have a associated label layouter object
that will adjust the position of the label if the position of the line has been
changed.

Before I rewrite the code in order to use the new layouter classes I wait for
a new pc. I hope I will get it within the next two weeks. My current system is
too weak on the breast.

--
Open your mind ...
Darius Stachow