List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Re: Interested in writing UML/KUML tuts
From:       Darius Stachow <shiva () dialup ! nacamar ! de>
Date:       2000-02-26 11:38:11

Hi,

We have got another helping hand. Petr Sorfa is writing a tutorial for KUML.

Subject: Re: Interested in writing UML/KUML tuts
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:07:01 -0500
From: Petr Sorfa <petrs@sco.com>

Hi Darius,

> >I'm interested in writing some tutorials for UML/KUML. Is anybody
> >working on any at the moment? I don't want to step on someone's toes.
> Great !
> At the moment there is nobody who is writing documentation or tutorials so you
> can't step on someone's toes ;-)
>
> Do you already have some ideas for the tutorial ?
Yes, in fact I wrote up a draft last night. Its an absolute beginner's
guide to UML/KUML. I know that KUML will change a bit, so I've
concentrated on an introduction to UML with KUML overtones. Its very
basic. I wrote one up for kdevelop (see the link off
http://www.kdevelop.org ). The UML/KUML tutorial has a VERY different
approach, 'coz UML has some concepts that need to be understood well. So
the tutorial introduces these concepts in an everyday way.

> If you want to help with this project you should subscribe to our
> mailing lists (at least kuml-devel). I am sorry, I don't remember exactly how
> to subscribe but you can find a description on how to do this on the website.
I seem to only subscribe to the kuml list, I'll see if I can add myself
to the kuml-devel one.

I'll let you know when I have something for review.

Petr

> >Kuml looks great. I know there is still some work left to do, but well
> >done.
> Thanks.
> We have invested much of our spare time and we hope this tools will
> become someday useful ...
Disclaimer: All my comments are my own and nobody else's