List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Argouml and kuml
From:       p_george <p_george () club-internet ! fr>
Date:       2000-02-03 20:32:35

Hi,

I am working with Darius Stachow, Jake Fear and others on kuml. I coded
the use case diagram and the parsers that allow the import of source
files in UML (Java & C++).

I played a little with Argo UML and found it interesting (except it is
slow, because of Java).

As Argo UML lacks the reverse engeneering that is now in kuml, you can
use the ANTLR parser that I used for Java parsing and have a look to the
code in kuml : the parser can be generated in Java (I used C++ of course
for kuml) using the ANTLR package (www.antlr.org).

It would be great if we could take advantage of your work on XML and XMI
for kuml. Unfortunately I don't know this stuff myself.

I am also interested in integrating some features that are currently in
Argo UML, as the tips that are generated (as far as I remember) in a
kind of "to do" list.

Using ArgoUml 0.7, I noticed that, after code is generated, the user can
modify it, but his changes will be lost the next time code is generated.
Do you intend to find a solution to this (hard) problem ?