List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: Code regression when making a new object
From:       p_george <p_george () club-internet ! fr>
Date:       2000-01-25 18:28:05

Darius Stachow wrote:

> On Sam, 22 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> >Maybe you could help me on this particular point : I don't know how to
> >resize the area where the drawingItems are drawn : I tried many resize
> >calls for the DrawingArea, the KumlView, the QScrollView, the Diagram
> >... Without success. For the moment the size is hard coded
> >((DRAWING_AREA_WIDTH, DRAWING_AREA_HEIGHT), but I would like to make it
> >grow dynamically (when the number of classes becomes too high).
> >Although this should be obvious, I can not do it.
> Hmm, the user can resize the area in the corresponding dialog box and it
> works.
> An auto resizing feature would be nice.

When we want to resize from 1200x900 to 600x900, it seems to work.
>From 1200x900 to 3000x900, the size remains the same. I did not check
the code
because I can't get kuml back alive : I integrated a Java parser and
have a link error.
So for the moment I can not update / commit anything :-(

If anybody has some experience about the parsing process of the ANTLR
lib,
let me know !

When the classes are arranged by the parser, I think I will autoresize
the drawing area (or I won't be able to code any algo). I thought about
putting this autoresize feature in the move function of an item : so if
the user drags an object out of the area, its size will be set up
accordingly.