List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Fwd: KUML source code changes
From:       Darius Stachow <shiva () dialup ! nacamar ! de>
Date:       1999-12-29 19:02:18

Hi !

Larry Anderson has send me some changes to solve a bug with the toolbox.
I will commit the changes soon.

Subject: KUML source code changes
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 20:44:21 -0600
From: Larry Anderson <laander@megsinet.net>

Hi I made a few source code changes and wanted to pass them along.  I'm not
sure how to use any patching utilities so I'll just tell you where I made
the changes.  If you want to point me towards the best way to send you
changes I'd be more than happy to send them to you that way.

Both changes were made to the DiagramLoader::load method.  They have to do
with the toolbar not updating properly when opening a diagram.

There were two problems.  One, the toolbar was not appearing on the side of
the application like it does when creating a new diagram.  It appeared at
the top of the application and ran across the File and Edit menus.  Once I
got the tollbar to appear on the left side it had two of every icon in it.

What I found was this.  The KumlApp->show() method needed to be called to
have the toolbar appear, and the diagram->fillToolBox was redundant since
the toolbar was already added in the DrawingArea::slotSetDiagram method
call.

The new code looks like this:
<< starts on line 107 of diagramloader.cpp>>
  if(overview) {
    // Fill the toolbox with items of the diagram

    // LA : commented out the following line and changed the next from
    // getDraingArea() to area
    //diagram->fillToolBox(area->getMainApp()->toolbox);
    area->getMainApp()->toolbox->enable(KToolBar::Show);
  }
  area->show();
  // LA : added the following
  area->getMainApp()->show();

If there are any problems with this, let me know.  Also if there is any
way to improve upon what I did, please tell me.  I'm really happy to see
KUML moving along, and I'd like to help out.  Right now I'm trying to
become familiar with the code by finding problems and trying to fix them.

Thanks,
Larry Anderson
laander@megsinet.net