List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: Another status report
From:       Gerard Flynn <gerard.flynn () free ! fr>
Date:       2002-02-26 19:38:08

fear wrote:

>I left to old project when I started traveling a year back, so my memory
>is probably of some earlier snapshot.  I will get the "latest" version
>of the code and see if I can make sense out of the persistence piece
>myself.  If the persistence piece really is too complex perhaps that
>would be a good place to do some rework.  I understand the motivation to
>build a completely generic version of the tools, but I expect that drove
>up the complexity considerably.  True?

    Of course.  In addition, the process becomes driven by the very
complex OMG specifications instead of fairly simple user requirements(
at least at the "good enough" stage).

  With a little work I've gotten the persistence layer to compile.
 Apparently it is writing XML data but is not yet able to reconstruct
diagrams on load.

  Gerard