List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: Progress report
From:       Gerard Flynn <gerard.flynn () free ! fr>
Date:       2001-12-29 21:32:56

zmower@btinternet.com wrote:

>At some point soon there will be a huge commit.  I'm wondering what to
>do about the Foundation directory.  The new files which do the
>equivalent stuff now reside under the Core directory (the namespace has
>been renamed in UML 1.4).  So do I
>
>(1) rig some symbolic links in the Makefile to make Core point to
>Foundation,
>(2) just delete the Foundation dir, or
>(3) leave the Foundation dir as it is.
>(4) something else?
>
>Happy New Year,
>
>Chris
>--
>Sig pending!

Hi Chris,

  I can't comment on what you should do with the Foundation directory
but if you are concerned about being able to remove it from CVS, I
wouldn't be.  What you should do is simply remove all of the files
contained in the directory.  There's no way to remove the directory
itself but that doesn't matter.

  Everyone using CVS would be well advised to always give the -P option
to the commands checkout, update and export.  Then any empty directory
will not be created so its as if it had been removed from the
repository.  The easiest way to do this is to put the following lines in
your .cvsrc file:

checkout -P
update -P
export -P

  I also use the -d option with update so that any new directories will
be created on update.

Best wishes.
Gerard