List:       kde-kuml
Subject:    Re: Greetings and newbie questions...
From:       Petr Sorfa <petrs () sco ! com>
Date:       2000-03-03 15:31:23

Hi Jon,

> Hi everyone,
>         I just joined the list, and I am interested in discussing KUML from
> the basics
> on up.  I am currently trying to build the latest release on Solaris 2.6,
> and I am
> getting a whole bunch of struct size and byte alignment mismatches in the
> linker.  If
> there is a FAQ, or someone has covered this, I'd sure appreciate any
> information.
This is a long shot, but it seems that you might be trying to mix 32 bit
and 64 bit objects together. This would generally explain the errors you
are experiencing. Try and figure out which objects and libraries are
being pulled in to make the binary and then try determine if they are 32
bit or 64 bit. Use a utility like dump or nm (if they are available
under Solaris).

Petr