List:       kde-kuml
Subject:    OCL
From:       p_george <p_george () club-internet ! fr>
Date:       1999-11-08 21:12:04

I had a look at OCL : it is certainly a feature that has to be
integrated into kuml. The difficulty depends of the goal we have :

1- . We just let the user write down his constraints (easy to do). They
are just copied in source code (in comments).

2-. The user writes down his constraint and a lexical check is made
about their correctness (the parser is nearly done by IBM and avalaible
on their site) : feasible

3-. The hardest : translate OCL to code. I am not sure it is possible to
do that : does anybody knows if there is a case tool that has such a
feature ?

I think the best thing to do is to parse user's entry for OCL
correctness and generate constraints in natural language in the source
code.

Well, anyway, there is some work (more urgent) to do before implementing
OCL, but this task seems to be very interesting to me (if there is no
other volunteer, at least somebody that reminds flex and yacc more than
I do).