List:       kde-krn-devel
Subject:    Re: Update - Holiday mini-store rate..
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1997-11-02 4:15:05

Now this is a must!

How the heck did this spammer get the list of krn's list, of all things!!!

Grrrrrbbvzxdfg%$spam.

On Sun, 2 Nov 1997 staff2@ultra-mail.com wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> Recently we sent you information on a 4-location program
> for our International Shopping Complex. We are sorry you missed
> that program but you may have been hesitant
> due to the initial expense, or perhaps wondering if
> a mall setting would be good for your site.
>
> WONDER NO MORE... We are offering a special test package
> just in time for HOLIDAY SHOPPING!!!...for only $100!
>
> You will recall our 4-location complex...
>
> *Has over a million hits av. per month!
> *Is the second oldest large complex on the Web!
>   (est. 1994-very old for the Net) over 300 stores.
> *Is the only one specializing in International
>  Stores, which draw a tremendous amount of traffic.
>  Stores from England, Ireland, France, Australia,
>  Canada, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Bavaria, Lebanon,
>  Jamaica, Peru, and even Hong Kong and Sri Lanka!
>  Plus most of the US, including Hawaii and Alaska.
> *Award-winning, Point top 5% of all sites on
>  the Internet, Magellan 3 stars, etc.
>
> How you can join us virtually risk-free....
>
> SPECIAL TEST PACKAGE OFFER
>
> We will mirror (copy) the first page of your existing site,
> and install in one of our locations, creating a
> "mini-mirror site", which will have its own URL.
> This mini-mirror will then link back to your current site.
> Your existing site will not be changed in any way..
>
> TOTAL COST: ONE PAGE MIRROR, ONE LOCATION, $100.00.
> UNTIL FEB. 1. Plus you will then get the option
> to go in our other 3 locations, and part of your
> $100 will be applied.
>
> In our highly-visited location you are going
> to get customers who would not normally be looking for you
> - we call these the "accidental shoppers"!! Far more
> exposure than you can possibly get out there by yourself.
>
> PLUS FREE BONUS: AFTER YOUR SITE HAS BEEN INSTALLED IN THE MALL
>
> we will give you the location where you can list
> YOUR NEW MALL ADDRESS over 100 times but only enter the
> information ONCE. It will take you about 15 minutes and
> is absolutely free. The more traffic, the more sales!!
> (You can also use this for your existing site by the way,
> you can't have too many listings).
>
> OPTIONAL:
> For an additional $50 you can go in two locations and you
> can post the second address also of course.
>
> ****THATS IT...But this offer expires November 6th****
>
> Don't Miss This..E-Mail Back NOW for ORDER FORM
> with Full Details...You could be up and running in the
> Mall within a week!! Stores are installed in the order
> received - first come, first installed.
>
> In the Most Exciting Shopping Complex on the Net..
>
> NOTE: If you do not wish to continue receiving these
> updates, please just hit reply and type "remove"
> in the Subject line. Thank you!

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
"Bloody instructions which, being taught, return to plague their inventor"