List:       kde-krn-devel
Subject:    Re: krn, Solaris2.5.1, getdomainname()
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1997-10-31 12:40:29

> On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Stefan Taferner wrote:

> > >Grrrmblnfgtdmainnamefffck... ok, I'll look for a replacement.
> >
> > The current manpages on my Linux do no longer contain the origin of
> > the library functions. Some years ago you knew if the function is
> > Posix, SysV, Bsd, etc. conform or not.
> >
> > Sad thing.
>
> The advantage of being using an ancient linux box (about '95), I still
> have those.
>
> Sadly, it says Solaris is right, and POSIX doesn't have this call ;-)

Hmm, it's supported on all plattforms, that KDE supports. If it's not
POSIX, then we should perhaps replace it in all other applications too.
It's right, that getdomainname is not defined in any header, but it's
there under Solaris. It has even a man page.

Greets, Stephan

--
Stephan Kulow (coolo@kde.org)
Student of medical CS

GCS/M/MD d-x s++: a-- C+++$ ULS+++ P--- L++ E W- N- o? K--? w
!O-- !M !V PS++ !PE Y PGP++ t+ 5 X+ !R tv+ b+ DI? D- G e+>$