List:       kde-krn-devel
Subject:    Re: The new KFormatter design
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1997-08-04 11:42:43

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Magnus Reftel wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Roberto Alsina wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > Since this is a fairly radical change, try to get it kinda working before
> > we integrate it in the main code.
>
> Of course!
> Now, if I could just find out the syntax for creating a library instead of
> an executable, things could actually start to work right now. But anyway,
> I won't integrate it until it is equal in functionality to the old code,
> so that there will be no downgrade (except maybe for the possible slight
> speed decrease).

As for creating a library, look at the libtool in kdelibs dist.
You can have quite a pain until you get it working, though.

In linux, just use gcc -shared xxx.o -o libxxx.so and it works. It's not
totally correct because you are not setting the soname and/or the version
number, but that's left as an exrcise ;-)

> > Except for that, I agree with it.
>
> I'm glad to hear that! (otherwise I would have wasted quite some time =) )

You can always fork a new project ;-)

> > As an aside, the now released 0.0.3 version has a different message header
> > formatting, I hope you like it!
>
> Nice!
> BTW, that's exactly what I tried to do quite a long time ago, but I was
> unable to get KHTMLWidget to accept my tables :-(

I think it got a little too tall (in heavily crossposted messages, the
Newsgroups: line can get quite tall.)

> Two last thing: I managed to break the date formatting when I added the
> mimelib work-arounds (which actually were work-arounds for my own buggy
> understanding of the DwString class, just as Doug Sauder said). A fix is
> attached.

Ok, patched it.

> Regards
> Magnus

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina