List:       kde-krn-devel
Subject:    Re: Search function in krn? (fwd)
From:       Sander Alberink <sander.alberink () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       1997-07-11 10:15:18

> > > Just in case somebody ran out of things to write :-)
> > It might be a good thing to maintain a TODO list. If somebody has some
time
> > left, they can pick out a field to work on. For instance, sometimes I
don't
> > want to work further on the area I am working on at that point. I
usually
> > take some small little other thing (a bug, a small feature) and fix
that
> > and after that I have new inspiration to continue on my main subject.
> I tend to work the same way. Usually I have a "main task", and when I'm
> stuck I'll go nibble some easy things all over the place. When I come
> back, usually I'm not stuck anymore.
> Normally it helps to have some easy stuff (something GUI, for example) to

> fall back on when the real code is getting too messy.

How did you think the read/unread toggle sneaked in? :-)

> I mean, dlgedit is almost like a drawing program! very relaxing.

I dunno, it is a nice tool to paint these dialog with, but it also forces
you into it's way of doing, which unfortunately differs a lot of mine...
------
       `,-=`.
       0-0 #         Sander Alberink
       |/  ?         e-mail: sander.alberink@bigfoot.com
       /   \_/    \  Linuxfreak by choice
      / <_ ____,_  \ http://www.linux.org
               \/|   Thanks for letting me change
                     magnetic patterns on your harddisk

Commercial junk-mail will be proofread at a fee of $ 5,- per line of
text. Sending me junk-mail constitutes an acceptance of these terms.