List:       kde-kiosk
Subject:    [Kde-kiosk] Problem turning off sub-pixel hinting in Kiosk Profile
From:       Murray Trainer <mtrainer () central-data ! net>
Date:       2006-08-10 8:29:26

Hi All,

We are using NoMachines thin client software and we are having a problem
with sub-pixel hinting not displaying properly of the latest version of
their client - all the letters  contain large coloured bits.  To work
around this I want to disable RGB sub-pixel hinting but whatever entries
I put in my Kiosk profile in the kdeglobals file doesn't have any effect
and I still get full RGB sub-pixel hinting applied to all users.  I ran
the command below to see where KDE gets its settings from but can't find
where the relevant settings are being overriden:

/opt/kde3/bin/kde-config -path config
/home/mtrainer/.kde/share/config/:/var/lib/kde-profiles/admin/share/config/:
/etc/opt/kde3/share/config/:/opt/kde3/share/config/

Any suggestions,

Thanks

Murray