List:       kde-kiosk
Subject:    [Kde-kiosk] Problem with xdg menus in kde3.5
From:       brendan powers <brendan0powers () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-12-20 13:58:03

I am runing kiosktool in kubuntu 5.10 with kde3.5. For the most part
kiosktool works fine, except for menu editing. I can edit a menu, and
save it, but the changes are not saves. I looked in the profile and
the etc directory is never created. Anyone have any ideas?

Here is the output of kiosktool
kbuildsycoca running...
kiosktool: KioskSync: Scanning /etc/skel/.kde/
kiosktool: KioskSync: Scanning /etc/skel/.kde/Autostart/
kiosktool: KioskSync: Adding Autostart/
kiosktool: KioskRun::configFile(kdeglobals) loading file
kiosktool: KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kdeglobals) not changed
---------------------------------
It looks like dcopserver is already running. If you are sure
that it is not already running, remove /home/test/.kde-test/.kde/DCOPserver
and start dcopserver again.
---------------------------------

WARNING: Waiting for already running klauncher to exit.
WARNING: Waiting for already running klauncher to exit.
WARNING: Another instance of klauncher is already running!
kdeinit: Communication error with launcher. Exiting!
kiosktool: KioskRun::configFile(kdeglobals) loading file
kiosktool: KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kdeglobals) not changed
unix_connect: can't connect to server
(unix:/tmp/ksocket-test/wsthin-1363-437f2dd4)
kmenuedit: WARNING: Could not read
/home/test/.kde-test/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  20
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x3a0035a
kiosktool: KioskRun::configFile(kdeglobals) loading file
kiosktool: MenuEditComponent: menuEditFile =
/home/test/.kde-test/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu
kiosktool: MenuEditComponent: menuFile =
/usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu
kiosktool: MenuEditComponent: menuFileSave =
/usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu
kiosktool: WARNING: Application menu fails to include