List:       kde-kiosk
Subject:    Re: [Kde-kiosk] KioskTool errors on SuSE9.3 and more
From:       Verner =?iso-8859-1?q?Kj=E6rsgaard?= <vk () os-academy ! dk>
Date:       2005-07-15 12:24:56

Fredag 15 juli 2005 13:37 skrev Verner Kjærsgaard:

Hi again,

- aaaaaahhhhhh, it's not really very good yet :-(

- I have the feeling that SuSE9.3 is setting or doing something they
shouldn't?
To start with, ALL environment variables (KDEHOME, KDEDIR, KDEROOTHOME,
KDEDIRS) are empty - as a regular user and as root user,- they are empty.
Should that really be so?

Only if I (sux) run kiosktool as root, can I save stuff without the annoying
"fish" bug ie., the first try at saving NEVER works, you must say "cancel"
and then "retry" for it to work. This does not happen when running kiosktool
as root.

Is it ok to run KioskTool as root using sux?

If for example I wish to modify - restrict - the panel, I go to do that. Up
comes a dialogbox that says something like (xlated from danish): "Seting up
configurationenvironment"

It shows a progress bar that counts from 0 to 100. When done, it starts over
and over and over and over and over again... Finally, I have to kill it. It
doesn't run very fast despite it's running on a DUAL 3Ghz machine with one
user (me) and 2G memory....

I never get to fix the panel.

Have you got any hints on this one? I'm using v1.0b

Best regards,
Verner

PS: If you like, I could let you see for yourself as the machine has an active
FreeNX server running. Call me if you're interested :-)

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards