List:       kde-kiosk
Subject:    Re: [Kde-kiosk] how to force users to log into KDE (modify KDM menu)
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-22 14:03:11

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 09:23:38AM -0400, Mr Wiggles wrote:

from the quoted paragraph:
> [...] copy the .desktop file from the data dir to the config dir [...]
> For the magic session types no .desktop files exist by default, but
> KDM pretends they would, so you can override them like any other type.
> [...]

and then you write this:
> sounds to me like they shoudl just go in the same folder as the
> existing .desktop files.

see the inconsistency?
[assuming of course, that "existing" means "installed with kdm".]

> I added one for failsafe there and set it to hidden, btu that makes it
> so you cant see the word failsafe but you can still select the blank
> session type.

i suspect a syntax error or some other minor mistake on your side.

anyway, looks like i really should write a session type editor for the
new system finally.
btw, my call for help wrt some amazing idea how to significantly grow
kcm_kdm without making it unusable still holds.