On Thursday 06 February 2003 00:55, Miguel Angel Alvarez wrote: > Right, thanks again, Waldo it worked perfectly. Now I have more questions > (I hope my questions and your answers might be helpful for other users as > the HOWTO I am writing is based on my experiences and problems trying to > make a desktop easy to use for users and of course as safe as it could be > for an administrator. > > 3) I suggested that maybe it would be possible to lock the desktop in a way > that users could not change the order of icons, move them all over the > desktop... Was it finally included as action/editable_desktop_icons=false? Yes. > 4) When I right click on an icon now appears two options I haven't seen in > the previous releases (Karolina Lindqvist's Debian packages). The options > are Move To and Copy To, how could I disable them? These are courtesy of the kuick plugin that i part of the kdeaddons package. You can disable that plugin by removing $KDEDIR/share/services/kuick_plugin.desktop > 5) Maybe I am wrong... what is really Konqsidebarng? I mean, when I open > Konqueror by default a bar with several buttons like home, bookmarks, > configure appears in the left side of the window. If it is konqsidebartng, > it is action/konq_sidebartng=false that removes this bar, isn't it?. No, you would have to remove $KDEDIR/share/services/konq_sidebartng.desktop > If I > am wrong and that is not konqsidebartng my question is, which file or KDE > section should I protect to avoid users from putting more entries to that > bar? The sidebar stores its entries in $KDEHOME/share/apps/konqsidebartng/entries You may be able to lock it down by locking down the resource: [KDE Resource Restrictions][$i] data_konqsidebartng=false This will not (yet) be reflected in the UI. > (I have never written a HOWTO, how would you like me to write it, any text > format?) Any text format will be fine. Cheers, Waldo -- bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com _______________________________________________ kde-kiosk mailing list kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-kiosk