List:       kde-kiosk
Subject:    Re: [Kde-kiosk] kdeglobals
From:       Ian White <iwhite () victoria ! tc ! ca>
Date:       2002-08-13 22:21:00

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Monday 12 August 2002 04:45 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > On Monday 12 August 2002 03:59 pm, Ian White wrote:
> > > Yet, these items still show up in Konqueror. (I did find the file
> > > /usr/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror.rc which will remove items from the
> > > menu, but it doesn't solve the real problem...)
> > >
> > > This is from the Mandrake 3.0.2 SRPMS.
> >
> > I'm afraid I can only confirm this. It does work in kedit but konqueror
> > seems to do things differently. Will investigate.
>
> That was a bit too quick.
>
> It seems konqueror uses diferent names for some actions but apart from that it
> seems to work. You can get a list of all actions with:
>
> 	dcop konqueror-<pid> konqueror-mainwindow#1 actions
>
> (Assuming you have konqueror running)
>
> If you take this into account, do you still see specific actions that fail to
> go away from the menu?

Aha, combining this with the information from the other method:
dcop konqueror-<pid> qt objects | grep KActionCollection/ | cut -d '/' -f 3

has given me a good list. They seem to work, if you remember that they
have to be prefixed with "action/". I now have a list of 53 action/
restrictions in my kdeglobals.

Next tasks I guess are disabling kios, and dealing with .desktop files.
The README.kiosk talks about the two methods being setting file
permissions to prevent .desktop files, or disabling at the KDE level. Is
this just a theory for discussion and will be implemented in a later KDE
version, or?

Ian